Recipe by Girly_Girl_Lori
I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker websight. Being huge fans of peanut butter, my husband and I love these. Plus, they are quite pretty!
Top Review by Jenya G
I made these for my two year old daughter's birthday party. The kids loved them, and the adults couldn't get enough! For several days after my little one would head into the kitchen and ask for milk and "happy cake". Thanks for a delicious and easy treat!
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or non-stick pans). Place paper baking cups into each of 24 refular sized muffin cups/.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs and peanut butter on low speed for 30 seconds and then medium sped for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (2/3 full).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan to cooling rack and cool completely (30 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, stir together frosting and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Frost cupcakes with frosting mixture and sprinkle with peanuts. Press peanuts lightly into frosting.