Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker websight. Being huge fans of peanut butter, my husband and I love these. Plus, they are quite pretty!
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or non-stick pans). Place paper baking cups into each of 24 refular sized muffin cups/.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs and peanut butter on low speed for 30 seconds and then medium sped for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (2/3 full).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan to cooling rack and cool completely (30 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, stir together frosting and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Frost cupcakes with frosting mixture and sprinkle with peanuts. Press peanuts lightly into frosting.
I made these for my two year old daughter's birthday party. The kids loved them, and the adults couldn't get enough! For several days after my little one would head into the kitchen and ask for milk and "happy cake". Thanks for a delicious and easy treat!
DH wanted to take peanut butter cupcakes to the office and I only had 1 box of white cake mix on hand. I subbed melted margarine for the veg oil and the cupcakes baked up very pretty with rounded tops! I didn't have a can of frosting on hand so I made sour cream choc frosting, blending in the peanut butter with the sour cream. DH was licking the beaters!
Yum! These were so good! This was a last minute "I'm-craving-chocolate and cake" creation so I only had enough peanut butter on hand for the batter. I used plain chocolate frosting to top off the cupcakes and they were still wonderful! I can't wait to try them again - and next time I'll have enough peanut butter to mix with the frosting! Thanks for sharing!