1 hr 30 mins
I have not tried these yet, but the picture of them is incredible and I can't wait to try them. From the Chocolate Bar cookbook. A little more work than a traditonal cupcake but I think it will be worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (good quality and all natural works fine)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
Chocolate Ganache Icing
- 1Preparing the cupcakes:.
- 2Preheat oven to 375.
- 3Line a muffin tin with paper cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Cream the peanut butter, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl until well mixed.
- 5Gradually add the sugar to the mixture, beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add eggs one at a time, beating until incorporated.
- 7In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- 8In three alternating batches, add the sifted ingredients and the milk to the batter.
- 9Scrape down the sides of the bowl in between additions.
- 10Beat until incorporated.
- 11Fill the paper cups until just below the rim.
- 12Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean.
- 13Do not overbake, check after 15 minutes.
- 14Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring cupcakes to wire racks to cool completely.
- 15Preparing the icing:.
- 16Place the chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 17In a heavy 1 quart saucepan, using a wooden spoon, combine the cream, butter, and corn syrup and cook over medium heat until hot but not boiling (little beads will form on the sides of the pot).
- 18Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until blended.
- 19Let the ganache cool for 15-20 minutes.
- 20One by one, carefully dip the top of each cupcake into the ganache.
- 21Let the excess ganache drip off before flipping the cupcakes to an upright position.
- 22If you prefer a traditional frosting, once the frosting has reached room temperature, cover and refridgerate for 30-45 minutes.
- 23Remove, uncover and whip until creamy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cupcakes With Chocolate Ganache Icing
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.1
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 148.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g