Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 24 cupcakes.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 3⁄4 cup solid butter flavor shortening (Crisco)
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, sugar and then peanut butter chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup solid butter-flavored shortening, 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the shortening, peanut butter, eggs, milk and extract; blend with electric mixer set on low speed.
- Add the contents of the jar and continue to blend for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into papered muffin tins, filling each liner half full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Made this one up for a pre-Christmas bake sale at the nursing home I work at...Although it was boring looking in the jar, within 10 minutes it had sold for a whopping $8! Thank you for sharing this recipe!