Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
Children and Adults love these cupcakes. I like making them for company and neighborhood gatherings.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except peanut butter cups at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Press a peanut butter cup into batter until top edge is even with batter.
- Bake at 350F for 18-28 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched lightly.
So good that one of my cats knocked one off the dish and started eating it! I remember having and then losing this recipe; thank you for helping me find it again:)
Whipped these up for my GD's sleep-over. Were they good? How should I know, all that was left were crumbs!!! LOL, TFS!