- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) semisweet chocolate or 1 (4 ounce) milk chocolate, cut into 18 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line eighteen 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper baking liners.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat peanut butter and shortening until combined.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Divide batter evenly among cups.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
- Place 1 piece of chocolate on top of each cupcake; return to oven until chocolate melts, about 1 minute.
- With small metal spatula, spread chocolate over tops of cupcakes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.