1/5 Photos of Peanut Butter Cup Torte With Milk Chocolate Ganache
1 hr 25 mins
The perfect cake for peanut butter lovers. Three layers of moist peanut butter cake separated with a peanut butter cup filling and then covered with a chocolate ganache. If you really enjoy frosting, you may want to double the peanut butter cup filling to create a thicker layer of filling between the layers. If you prefer, you can use semi-sweet chocolate for the ganache. When I made this I only had 1/2 cup of cream remaining so I did not have enough ganache to frost the entire cake. Since I only made a half recipe of the ganache, I poured it over the top of the cake so it would run down the sides.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Peanut Butter Cake
- 236.59 ml butter, room temperature
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml Skippy creamy peanut butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml milk
Peanut Butter Cup Filling
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 158.51 ml Skippy creamy peanut butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.16 ml heavy cream
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar (or more to reach desired consistency)
- 20 reeses miniature peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
Milk Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Butter and flour three 9-inch-diameter cake pans. Line the bottoms with parchment paper, then butter and flour the parchment paper.
- 3In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with electric mixer. Add peanut butter and vanilla and cream well. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- 4In separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- 5Add dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture alternately with sour cream and milk. Mix on low speed just until blended.
- 6Pour cake batter into prepared pans (approximately 2 cups per pan), spreading evenly in pans.
- 7Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and cool cakes in pans on rack 10 minutes.
- 8Run small sharp knife around pan sides to loosen cakes. Turn cakes out onto racks and cool completely.
- 9Peanut Butter Filling:.
- 10Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- 11Beat in the heavy cream until combined.
- 12Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, mix well. Add in the remaining powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 13Milk Chocolate Ganache:.
- 14Heat the heavy cream, butter, and sugar in a 2 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. When hot, stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil. Place the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl. Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature. Keep the ganache at room temperature until needed. Yield: 2 cups.
- 15To Assemble Cake:.
- 16Place one layer of cake on a serving platter. Spread half of the peanut butter filling on top of the cake.
- 17Coarsely chop 20 Reeses miniature peanut butter cups. Sprinkle 1/2 of chopped peanut butter cups over peanut butter filling on top of first layer.
- 18Top with another cake layer. Spread remaining peanut butter filling on top of the second cake layer and then top with remaining chopped peanut butter cups. Top with final cake layer.
- 19Use a cake spatula to smooth and fill in the sides of the cake with 2 to 3 tablespoons of rthe oom-temperature ganache. Evenly spread the remaining amount of this ganache over the top and sides of the cake. Refrigerate the cake for 1 hour.
- 20Drizzle with peanut butter sauce, optional.
- 21Coarsely chop remaining 10 Reeses miniature peanut butter cups and sprinkle over top of cake.
- 22Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cup Torte With Milk Chocolate Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.3
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.2 mg
- Sodium 387.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 51.1 g
- Protein 14.4 g