Recipe by Ridgely
This is another recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Tarts made by scratch instead of refrigerated cookie dough. This recipe is the best and one year I made a ton of these for the holidays and packaged them up in cellophane bags with ribbons as gifts. Perfect for cookie swaps as well.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 1 softened butter
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1 package miniature peanut butter cup (refrigerated*)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla together with mixer.
- Sift in dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Form into balls about the size of walnuts and then roll in sugar.
- Put balls into a mini muffin pan that has been sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake at 8 minutes at 375.
- Take out of oven and press candies into the center of the cookies.
- Put back in the oven for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and cool in pans until set enough to remove gently from tins.
- Use tip of knife to get them out.
- *refrigerating the cups ahead of time makes them easier to handle when removing them from the wrappers, don't skip this.