Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is another recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Tarts made by scratch instead of refrigerated cookie dough. This recipe is the best and one year I made a ton of these for the holidays and packaged them up in cellophane bags with ribbons as gifts. Perfect for cookie swaps as well.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package miniature peanut butter cup (refrigerated*)
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla together with mixer.
- Sift in dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Form into balls about the size of walnuts and then roll in sugar.
- Put balls into a mini muffin pan that has been sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake at 8 minutes at 375.
- Take out of oven and press candies into the center of the cookies.
- Put back in the oven for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and cool in pans until set enough to remove gently from tins.
- Use tip of knife to get them out.
- *refrigerating the cups ahead of time makes them easier to handle when removing them from the wrappers, don't skip this.