1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich
This is a simple lunch and/or snack that I make frequently when I'm in need of something sweet and can't justify eating anything "worse!" Depending on the labels for the English muffins that you buy, this meal can be a great source of protein and fiber, though you wouldn't know it from the taste! I think it would make a great lunch box sandwich for kids as well. I grew up hating peanut butter but I think I might have changed my mind if I'd had this idea earlier in life!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the English muffin halves under a broiler or in a toaster. I find that my toaster's bagel setting helps to keep the cut sides crispy while leaving the outsides nice and soft.
- 2I recommend doing the next few steps with the muffin as hot as possible out of the toaster/oven. I'm sure this would be good cold too, but something about the heat just turns this into a lovely gooey mess instead of just a plain old sandwich! Even if you need to refrigerate the sandwich later, I recommend building the sandwich hot first.
- 3Spread half of the peanut butter on each muffin half. If you're working with a hot muffin this should result in the peanut butter almost starting to melt.
- 4Drizzle half of the honey over each muffin half. You can "eyeball" this amount if you have the traditional bear-style honey like I do.
- 5Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips over each muffin half. Try to spread them out. If you're working with a hot muffin this will result in the chocolate chips melting into the peanut butter, so the more area you cover, the more chocolate you'll get with each bite!
- 6I usually serve this open face style, but if you're making a sandwich, just press the two halves together at this point.
- 7Serve with dollops of whipped topping on top, or if you're doing this sandwich style, just include some for dipping. If you're able to enjoy this hot, the whipped topping will melt all over the muffin and make things even more messy, but oh so good!
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.6
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 421.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 17.1 g