Recipe by Erindipity
This recipe came out of a Kraft Philadelphia Holiday Desserts Cookbook I picked up at the grocery store check out. It has a rich, mild peanut butter taste. While I know the directions sound very strange I promise you they work and you will be left with a wonderfully tasty pie.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 2 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip, divided
- 9 inches Oreo cookie pie crusts
- 3 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup peanut butter until well blended.
- Add milk and pudding mix; beat 2 minutes.
- Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Microwave remaining Cool Whip and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on high 1.5 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute.
- Cool completely.
- Spread chocolate mixture over pudding layer in crust.
- Microwave remaining peanut butter in small microwaveable bowl 30 seconds; stir.
- Drizzle over pie.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.