Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is based on Chef #169430's Annacia's Butterscotch Peanut Pudding. THIS MAKES 2 LARGE SERVINGS. YOU CAN SERVE FOUR SMALLER SERVINGS. "Cook" time is refrigeration time. NOTE: Zaar does not recognize several ingredients, but there is no added sugar in any of them, so 12g of the 13g sugar listed is from the milk.
- 1 (1 ounce) package fat free sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar-free Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Put peanut butter and 2/3 cup milk in a bowl and beat with whisk until smooth.
- Add remaining milk and pudding mix. Beat with whisk until just starting to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip. Mixture will be quite thick.
- Take out half of the pudding and divide between two stemmed red wine glasses. Smooth with back of spoon.
- Add cocoa powder to remaining pudding and mix thoroughly.
- Divide remaining Cool Whip between both glasses, on top of first layer. Smooth with back of spoon.
- Divide remaining pudding (chocolate mix) between both glasses and smooth with back of spoon.
- Sprinkle half of chopped nuts on top of each.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
W-O-W, this was awesome! I scaled the peanut butter back to 2 tablespoons and then tasted, it was plenty peanut buttery for us - I used natural peanut butter which has no added sugar. Instead of layering and then putting in the fridge, I just put the two dishes in the fridge and then assembled the dessert right before eating - mine looked more-so like the picture by mikekey, with the two very distinct colored puddings separated by the bright white cool whip - its a very pretty dish. I do think that this should serve 4 not 2; it's actually quite rich with the peanut butter and as Redsie noted, the portions are very big (I'd call them huge). Not to mention the calories in half of this dish must be nearly 500. Made for ZWT4.
This is SOOOOOO GOOD!! Makes for two very big portions - which was fine by me!! ;) Thanks mikekey!