Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Absolutely heavenly!!!! A rich and creamy peanut butter ice cream with miniature reese cups mixed in! A MUST try!!!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped (the miniature ones)
- In a medium bowl beat sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until thick; about 3 minutes. Sit aside.
- Pour milk into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and gradually drizzle hot milk into egg mixture while whisking vigurously, so as not to cook the eggs!
- Pour the whole mixture back into the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not boil!
- Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter.
- Allow to cool slightly, then whisk in condensed milk, half and half and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to your ice cream makers directions. Fold in peanut butter cups halfway through the churning process.