Recipe by ChipotleChick
These silky, satiny shortbread cookies are out of this world! I made a batch today and I am fearing for my children, because I don't think there will be any left! Make sure that the butter is very well blended in before you mix in the peanut butter cups, as it will affect the texture of the cookie if you have big chunks of butter.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small bits
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (or chunky)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 11 ounces peanut butter cups, cut into small bits (or 14)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and position an oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Mix flour and salt well.
- Add butter, peanut butter, and vanilla, and beat until the mixture just starts to stick together (if butter bits are too big, use a pastry blender to make them smaller).
- Add peanut butter cups and mix until well blended (you can also use the pastry blender in this step, if needed).
- Shape dough into 1" balls and place on a large, well greased cookie sheet, about an inch or so apart.
- Bake 7-8 minutes, then turn tray around and bake another 8 minutes, until just slightly browned.
- Place baking sheet on a cooling rack for 30-40 minutes, until completely cooled (they are very crumbly until cooled).