Christmas would not quite be Christmas without these cookies ... just ask my kids. The combination of a peanut butter cookie on the outside with a chocolate covered Reese's minature peanut butter cup pushed into the cookie after baking, is unbeatable. They also look like they were harder to make than they really are.
- Cream butter and peanut butter with sugars and vanilla.
- Add egg and beat.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Form small balls of dough about the size of a small walnut.
- Note: I use my Pampered Chef cookie scoops to measure out 1 teaspoon or 2 teaspoon balls, depending on whether I want a greater yield or a fancier looking cookie.
- Using mini muffin pans(each cup about 1 1/2 inches in diameter), place 1 ball in each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes (or 335 convection for 10 minutes).
- While the cookie balls are baking, unwrap the candies completely.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven (they will be very soft at this point), push a candy into the center of each ball, making the cookie into acup that surrounds the candy but does not cover it.
- Note: To make the candies easier to push into the hot cookie, I usually keep the unwrapped candies on a plate in the refrigerator until I am ready to insert them.
- Let cookies cool in pan until they are set enough to lift out without breaking.
We love these cookies! They are one of my husband's favorites!
I make these all the time for family parties. They are very easy, and people enjoy them. Thank you!
These are wonderful! I have been asked to make these and take to my MIL house. Thank you!