Recipe by LDSMom128
I saw this recipe on Everyday Baking on PBS. They are fantastic will fulfill a peanut butter craving! These are much like cookies made with Hershey kisses, only these are made with Reeses' Peanut Butter Cups, which are personally one of my favorite candies!
Top Review by ebajic
This cookie is awesome! I didn't change a single thing except to cook them a little longer before adding the PB cup since the PB cup starts to melt within about 2 minutes. I keep these in the fridge and they are still soft and so good! Definitely will be my "go to" cookie from now on!
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling dough
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- Cream together the peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer and combine to smoothed. Add brown sugar and continue to mix with the butter mixture until well combined.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla extract and blend until incorperated.
- Slowly add the flour to the creamed mixture until all the flour is mixed in, scaping the bowl as needed.
- Place the 1/3 cup sugar on a plate. Roll the dough into individual balls and roll them into the sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes and starting to firm up. Remove the pan from the oven and place a peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie. Return the cookies back to the oven and continue cooking for about 6 more minutes or until golden brown and the chocolate starts to melt some. Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.