Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 40 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
- Shape into 40 balls (approx. 3/4 inch in diameter) and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball.
- Cool and carefully remove from pan.
I have made these for Holiday Cookie Trays & to take to the Holiday Bake Sales, & they go soooo quickly!!..I have added Hershey Kisses, in the middle, if you don't want so much peanut butter..A Trick to Unwrapping the candies easier, is to place them in the Refrigerator, 1/2 hour before you will be needing them, to get them a little more solid & it makes it easier to place them in the cookies, when they come out of the oven!!...So Yummy!! :~)
I have made these several times over the years and we love them (except for having to unwrap the candy ) They are a nice addition to the Christmas cookie platter. And they really are easy (except again-for unwrapping the candy) :)
I found this recipe on another site actually and make them. These are the best cookies! Everyone loved them! I would recommend putting the candy in the freezer for a while before putting them into the hot cookie. Also I put the cookies in the fridge to cool still in the pan and took them out once the candy was no longer melted. ^__^