Recipe by coconutcream
From the Quaker website
Top Review by She She
These were really good. I made exactly like recipe but didn't have time to make drop cookies so I lined 9x13 and 9x9 pans with nostick foil and made bar cookies, and baked them about 25 min. They turned out just fine. If I make them again I will use chunky peanut butter maybe extra chunky. Thanks for great recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 lb margarine or 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (not reduced-fat)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats or 2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 9 ounces peanut butter cups, unwrapped and cut into quarters (about 35 miniature candies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F In large bowl, beat sugar, margarine and peanut butter until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add oats and candy; mix well.
- Drop dough by level 1/4 cup portions 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are slightly firm to the touch. (Do not overbake.) Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.