Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
these cookies have peanut butter cups mixed into peanut butter dough...we like to make these and "mix into " ice cream
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening, Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peanut butter cups, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- position a rack in the middle of the oven.
- preheat the oven to 3258.line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl.and set aside.
- in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter, vegetable shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smoothly blended and the color has lightened slightly.about 1 minute.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl while mixing as needed.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla about 1 minute.
- on low speed, add the flour mixture, mixing just until it is incorporated.the dough will be soft and smooth.
- use a large spoon to mix in the peanut butter cups.
- drop by heaping tablespoonsful onto the prepared baking sheets -- spacing them about 3" apart.
- bake the cookies one sheet at a time until the tops feel firm and have several small cracks, about 18 minutes.
- cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then use a wide metal spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- the cookies can be stored in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days.