Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
these make wonderful gifts to give any time of the year..Store in a cool dry place away from a heat source so condensation and clumping does not occur. You will need 8 1/5 oz peanut butter cups, cut into 1/2" pcs for this recipe
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.set aside.
- Layer ingredients in order given in a wide-mouth quart jar. Press each layer firmly in place. It will be a tight fit.
- Add chopped peanut butter cups last.
- attach these instructions to jar:.
- REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUP COOKIES:.
- Remove peanut butter cups from jar and set aside.
- Empty remaining cookie mix into large mixing bowl,. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add 1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature.
- DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE OR LIGHT BUTTER.
- Add 1 large egg, slightly beaten, and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Mix until completely blended.
- You will need to finish mixing this with your hands. Mix in peanut butter cups.
- Shape into walnut sized balls.
- Place 2" apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375*.for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.