Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another holiday cookie plate favorite,or after school snack.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely chopped chocolate-covered peanut butter cups (I use Reeses)
- In large mixing bowl,beat shortening and butter until smooth.
- Add sugars and baking soda.
- Beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs,chocolate and vanilla.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer.
- Stir in remaining flour and peanut butter cups.
- Drop from rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until tops look dry.
- Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute.
- Transfer to wire racks and let cool.