Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Peanut butter, chocolate and cheesecake... what could be better? I created this combination because my daughter wanted all three of these flavors in her birthday cake. She liked it so much that it has become a favorite. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup light Karo syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup granulated brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided in half
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, at room temp
- Peanut Butter Sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients except for the peanut butter in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly, until all of the ingredients have dissolved/melted.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and let the mixture cool completely.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until a creamy smooth texture has been achieved.
- Cheesecake Crust:.
- Melt the butter.
- Combine all 3 ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Press onto the bottom of a prepared (I use a non-stick baking spray) 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips on top of the crust.
- Cheesecake Filling:.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and continue heating in 15 second intervals until all of the chips have melted. Put aside to cool.
- Beat the room temperature cream cheese, brown sugar and sugar until smooth (I use a stand mixer).
- Add the eggs, evaporated milk and cornstarch, then beat until thoroughly combined.
- Remove 1 cup of the mixture and add it to the melted chocolate, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the remaining filling slowly into the spring-form pan trying not to disturb the location of the chocolate chips too much.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture onto the top of the cheesecake and swirl.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the edge is set but the center still moves. Cool completely on a wire rack, then refrigerate in spring-form pan overnight.