Recipe by IrishEyes.NYC
Classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Preparation time includes cooling after removal from oven and overnight refrigeration.
- 16 ounces peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping, divided
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped and divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Put peanut butter sandwich cookies into food processor; cover and process until finely ground. Blend in melted butter and press onto bottom and up 1" of the sides of greased 9" springform pan.
- Bake cookie crust at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes; cool on wire rack.
- In microwave safe bowl, heat peanut butter on HIGH for 30 seconds or until softened. Spread carefully over cookie crust to within 1" of edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour one cup of cream cheese batter into a bowl and set aside. Pour remaining cream cheese batter over peanut butter in crust.
- In microwave safe bowl, heat 1/4 cup chocolate fudge topping on HIGH for 30 seconds or until thin. Fold into reserved one cup of cream cheese batter. Carefully spoon over filling in pan and cut through filling with a knife. Be careful not to disturb peanut butter layer or the crust.
- Gently fold in 2/3 of chopped miniature peanut butter cup candies.
- Bake cheesecake in a hot water bath at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen, but do not remove sides. Cool 1 hour longer on wire rack.
- Microwave reserved hot fudge topping on HIGH for 30 seconds or until warmed. Spread over prepared cheesecake and garnish with remaining 1/3 chopped peanut butter cup candies.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan and serve.