Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cake stays moist for at least a week and is perfect for sending in a lunch box. This recipe is great plain, but feel free to add your own icing or chocolate glaze. These would also be great made into cupcakes for a child's birthday party.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a bundt pan (or 10-cup metal loaf pan); dust with flour.
- On waxed paper, combine flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl with a mixer on a low speed, beat peanut butter and butters with sugars until blended.
- Increase speed to med-high and beat until creamy (about 3 minutes).
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat until just smooth.
- Spoon batter into pan and smooth.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Take cake out of pan and let cool on wire rack completely.
- *Add glaze or frosting if you like (optional).