Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great cake for peanut butter cup lovers!
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (1 lb) bag powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 -20 miniature peanut butter cups
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- FROSTING: Cream butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Add sugar a little at a time until blended well with the butter.
- Add whipping cream (a little at a time) Add cocoa powder and blend.
- Keep adding the cream until the right consistency (should be smooth and spreadable; not too thin).
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- When frosting the cake, Spread frosting between layers and add 1/4 cup of crushed peanut butter cups before placing the top layer.
- Frost the entire cake with frosting.
- Decorate additional peanut butter cups either whole or halves.