1 hr 45 mins
Great cake for peanut butter cup lovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (1 lb) bag powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 -20 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1Bake cake according to package directions.
- 3FROSTING: Cream butter until smooth and fluffy.
- 4Add sugar a little at a time until blended well with the butter.
- 5Add whipping cream (a little at a time) Add cocoa powder and blend.
- 6Keep adding the cream until the right consistency (should be smooth and spreadable; not too thin).
- 7Add peanut butter and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- 8When frosting the cake, Spread frosting between layers and add 1/4 cup of crushed peanut butter cups before placing the top layer.
- 9Frost the entire cake with frosting.
- 10Decorate additional peanut butter cups either whole or halves.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cup Cake
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 691.4
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 491.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 58.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g