Recipe by gardenlady
I had a craving for peanut butter cups and zucchini that needed to be used. These brownies are moist and delicious. Just the thing for a peanut butter cup fix.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed, milled
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup French vanilla flavored coffee creamer
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Prepare the filling by creaming the cream cheese and peanut butter together. ( I used chunky peanut butter.) Add the creamer (You could use regular milk instead), until a soft spreading consistancy. Set aside.
- Mix oil, sugar, applesauce and vanilla in a large bowl until blended. Sift together the flour, cocoa, flax seed, baking soda and salt. Stir into the wet mix. Add zucchini and chopped nuts.
- Spread one half the zucchini mix in prepared pan. Spread the filling evenly over the top of zucchini mix. Top with remaining zucchini mixture evenly.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 35- 45 minutes or until brownies spring back when gently touched. Allow to cool completely before cutting.