Chocolate and peanut butter in a brownie (and from Godiva, no less!)? Are your taste buds curious? Maybe you should try a taste?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- 9 ounces godiva dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (or other quality dark chocolate)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
Milk Chocolate Sauce
- 1Make the brownies: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil so that the foil extends 2 inches beyond the two long sides of the pan.
- 3Lightly butter bottom and sides of foil-lined pan.
- 4Place dark chocolate and butter in microwave-safe bowl.
- 5Microwave at medium (50% power) 1 minute.
- 7Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened.
- 8Stir until smooth.
- 9Cool to room temperature.
- 10Beat eggs in bowl until foamy using a wire whisk.
- 11Add sugar and beat until blended.
- 12Add chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- 13Stir in vanilla, flour and salt.
- 14Spread half of the batter in prepared pan.
- 15Arrange peanut butter cups in 4 rows of 6 each in batter.
- 16Press down lightly on each.
- 17Pour remaining batter on top and spread out evenly.
- 18Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- 19Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 20Using the foil as handles, lift the brownies out of pan.
- 21Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 22Make the milk chocolate sauce: Place chopped milk chocolate and water in microwave-safe bowl.
- 23Microwave at medium (50% power) 1 minute.
- 25Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened.
- 26Stir until smooth.
- 27Add vanilla and stir until blended.
- 28Remove plastic wrap from brownies.
- 29Invert onto cutting board.
- 30Carefully peel off aluminum foil.
- 31Place brownies top side up on cutting surface and cut into 24 squares.
- 32To serve: Place a brownie on each dessert plate, top with some milk chocolate sauce and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- 33Or dust squares with confectioners' sugar and serve plain.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.0
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 169.4 mg
- Sodium 274.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 54.5 g
- Protein 12.4 g