Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe from RealSimple.com Saving here for safe keeping. Enjoy! :)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- 8 large peanut butter cups, cut into pieces
- 1.Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2.Melt the butter and chocolate in a pan over low heat.
- 3.Using a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy. Lower speed and pour in the melted chocolate and vanilla. Mix in the flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Fold in the peanut butter cups.
- 4.Scrape into a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bake until the tip of a knife comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Gourrmet chocolate contains high-quality cocoa beans and a high percentage of cocoa butter. Inferior chocolate often has sugar added to mask the flavor.