Recipe by ~*Becca*~
This recipe is a favorite of my family. It is very quick and easy with few ingredients. This is a thin but rich bar with 3 delicious layers.
Top Review by sheepdoc
These were not for me. The middle layer felt too much like a spoonful of butter and the middle layer didn't stick to the crust. The top layer was too soft and melty making the whole thing gooey. I didn't have any problems with the crust or getting them out of the pan though. One of my kids thought these were great - just like pb cups.
- 1 cup butter, DIVIDED (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, flour, and water. Spread into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a mixer, beat together powdered sugar, milk, 1/2 cup butter, and 3 Tbsp peanut butter.
- Spread over warm crust.
- Melt together chocolate chips and 3/4 cup peanut butter. (I melt it in the microwave).
- Pour over cooled 1st and 2nd layer.
- Cool in refrigerator.