Recipe by KCShell
This is a very dense, natural foods type of cookie. If you are looking for something light, this is not it! The peanut butter and coconut go well together. I have substituted oatmeal in place of the wheat germ and added dairy free chocolate chips with good results. Full of protein and grains - add a glass of milk (regular or soy) for a complete breakfast! From: Uprisings - The Whole Grain Baker's Book.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄8 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or white flour)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup regular chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix peanut butter, honey, vanilla and oil together.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, coconut, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Place on cookie sheet using a Tablespoon scoop or spoon.
- Press cookie slightly.
- Bake at 350* for 10- 15 minutes or until slightly golden in color.
- Let them cool before removing from pans.