Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I can't take these in my lunch, because our school is peanut free. But my brother and I can sure eat these quick at home with a cold glass of milk, or when we are travelling in the car to grannies house in Sudbury.
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 12 ounces peanut butter chips (about 2 cups)
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil, or parchment paper.
- Put cereal, noodles, and raisins into a large bowl, and mix.
- Put the peanut butter flavoured chipits into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave uncovered for 40 seconds. Use hot pads, remove the bowl, and stir well. If they are not all melted, place again in the microwave for 20 more seconds, remove again and stir. Do this checking every few seconds, stirring will help to melt them too.
- When completely melted, pour over the mix in the bowl, and combine without mashing the pieces of cereal and noodles too much.
- Work fast, and drop a tablespoonful of mix onto pan.
- Let stand until firm and cool at room temperature.
- Place into a container and cover slightly.
these were very tasty and easy to make with my children. i liked the addition of raisins and cornflakes to the usual recipe for haystacks. my children and husband both asked for MORE.