Recipe by LAURIE
My two favorite ways to eat this......French vanilla ice cream, topped with Hot Fudge sauce and then this, OR a rich chocolate ice cream topped only with this and whipped cream!! The yield is a guess here as who has time to measure when the ice cream awaits?!!
Top Review by Debbb
Very tasty! I had to use skim milk because that is what I always have on hand. I also used a full cup of chopped peanuts as I got a little carried away while I was chopping. The flavour is rich & decadent. I found the texture to be a little sugary even though I was very careful to dissolve the sugar. I wonder if I boiled too long & it started to turn into candy?? I served over Sweet Ice-Cream Surpise (#286182) at our Mother's Day BBQ.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 473.18 ml brown sugar, packed
- 295.73 ml whole milk
- 177.44 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml chopped peanuts
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until it softens. Slowly add milk and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil and cook until mixture reduces and thickens.
- Add peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add peanuts and vanilla.
- Continue stirring until smooth.
- Serve warm over ice cream.