Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From RealSimple (May 2005) I love Peanut Butter & I love cookies. What a cool combo...with a nice crunch :-)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Using an electric mixer set on high speed, cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl.
- Lower to medium speed and add the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to the butter mixture on low speed.
- Beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the rice cereal and peanuts.
- Form the dough into approximately 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Place on parchment-or foil-lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Gently press the cookies with the back of a fork to create classic hatch marks.
- Use your thumb to create a shallow well in the center of each cookie and fill with a spoonful of jam, if desired.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
I made these cookies to see how the grand-kids would like them, but they did not come over today (they were both sick). So it was up to hubby and I to give them a try. They are kinda tasty, but a little on the dry side. Easy too make. I left out the nuts (and was glad I did). I did not use the jam option. I will maybe try again to see if I can tweak them as not to be dry. Thank you for posting. (Made for My 3 Chefs)