Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
For my chocolate-peanut butter lovin' kids. This is a favorite of theirs.
Top Review by Debbb
Wonderfully easy & quick dessert!! I invited last minute company for dinner & hadn't thought about dessert. Printed this off at work, called hubby to go get a cake mix & whipped this up while putting the finishing touches on dinner. By the time dinner was over & coffee was served, this cake was ready to eat!! I did happen to have a can of whipped cream so I served with that - definitely not necessary. This cake is rich with a nice light texture. The peanut butter flavour is strong & the crunchy topping is perfect. I just left the peanuts whole to save a minute or two but other than that, followed the recipe exactly.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cake mix, peanut butter, and brown sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Beat on low speed until crumbly.
- Set aside 1/2 cup crumb mixture.
- Add water, eggs, and oil to remaining crumb mixture; beat on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in 1/4 cup each of the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips; stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Mix together the peanuts, reserved crumb mixture, and remaining chips; sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.