Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
For my chocolate-peanut butter lovin' kids. This is a favorite of theirs.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Crunch Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Add cake mix, peanut butter, and brown sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Beat on low speed until crumbly.
- Set aside 1/2 cup crumb mixture.
- Add water, eggs, and oil to remaining crumb mixture; beat on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in 1/4 cup each of the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips; stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Mix together the peanuts, reserved crumb mixture, and remaining chips; sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
Wonderfully easy & quick dessert!! I invited last minute company for dinner & hadn't thought about dessert. Printed this off at work, called hubby to go get a cake mix & whipped this up while putting the finishing touches on dinner. By the time dinner was over & coffee was served, this cake was ready to eat!! I did happen to have a can of whipped cream so I served with that - definitely not necessary. This cake is rich with a nice light texture. The peanut butter flavour is strong & the crunchy topping is perfect. I just left the peanuts whole to save a minute or two but other than that, followed the recipe exactly.
So yummy! Made this over the weekend and we really like it. I did frost it with chocolate frosting although it would be great without it. I just like icing on cakes so added it to this one. Very easy to make and wonderful flavor. Thanks ratherbeswimmin!
I make this cake for every potluck, work luncheon and my own birthdays. It is so delicious -- barely lasts more than a day!