Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you have a sweet tooth and are a lover of peanut butter then this is one you should not pass up, it has a sweet crumble that is sprinkled over the baked crust, then a delicious vanilla custard on top, then topped off with whipped cream and more crumble on top :)
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie pastry (completely cooled)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups half-and-half cream (can use full-fat milk)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- whipped cream (sweetened or unsweetened, use as much as desired, or use Cool Whip topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together confectioners sugar with peanut butter until crumbly; sprinkle HALF of the mixture over the baked pie crust.
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine half and half cream with sugar, salt, vanilla, cornstarch and egg yolks; cook on HIGH until thickened and smooth, removing to stir a couple of times during cooking.
- Pour the filling into the crust over the crumble; cool for 30 minutes at room temperature, then place a piece of plastic wrap directly over the custard and refrigerate until completely cold.
- Remove the plastic wrap then spread the prepared whipped cream (or Cool Whip) over the top of the custard.
- Sprinkle with remaining half of the crumble.
- Chill until ready to serve.