Recipe by MNLisaB
A super simple dessert using a cake mix and peanut butter for a crust, topped with chocolate, coconut and nuts. Yummy!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecan pieces, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Place the cake mix, peanut butter, melted butter and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on medium speed for about a minute.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix again for about 30 more seconds,or until uniformly mixed; the mixture will be very thick.
- Transfer the mixture into an ungreased 13 X 9 cake pan, reserving 1 1/2 cups for the topping.
- Using your hands, press the crust evenly over the bottom of the pan so it reaches all sides.
- Set both the pan aside and the reserved topping.
- For the filling, stir the chocolate chips, condensed milk and 2 TBS butter in a pan on low heat and cook for about 5 minutes, until chocolate is melted and is well mixed, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in nuts, coconut and vanilla until well mixed.
- Pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the crust.
- Crumble the reserved topping over chocolate mixture in the pan.
- Place the pan in the middle of the preheated 325* oven for about 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Note- I used Darlene Summers' recipe#14062 for an excellent substitute for the sweetened condensed milk.