A super simple dessert using a cake mix and peanut butter for a crust, topped with chocolate, coconut and nuts. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecan pieces, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 325*.
- 2Place the cake mix, peanut butter, melted butter and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Blend with an electric mixer on medium speed for about a minute.
- 4Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix again for about 30 more seconds,or until uniformly mixed; the mixture will be very thick.
- 5Transfer the mixture into an ungreased 13 X 9 cake pan, reserving 1 1/2 cups for the topping.
- 6Using your hands, press the crust evenly over the bottom of the pan so it reaches all sides.
- 7Set both the pan aside and the reserved topping.
- 8For the filling, stir the chocolate chips, condensed milk and 2 TBS butter in a pan on low heat and cook for about 5 minutes, until chocolate is melted and is well mixed, then remove from the heat.
- 9Stir in nuts, coconut and vanilla until well mixed.
- 10Pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the crust.
- 11Crumble the reserved topping over chocolate mixture in the pan.
- 12Place the pan in the middle of the preheated 325* oven for about 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 13Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 14Note- I used Darlene Summers' Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk for an excellent substitute for the sweetened condensed milk.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Crumble Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 254.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g