Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Peanut butter cake topped with peanut butter crumbs. A glass of milk never had it so good:)
Top Review by Chef Lisonh
This was great , I did expect it to be a little sweeter but definetly good for breasfast with a cup of coffee . I did use 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of white flour . Worked great ! Thank you .
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- MAKE THE CRUMBS: Mix together the brown sugar, flour, peanut butter, and melted butter until crumbly; set aside.
- MAKE THE CAKE BATTER: Cream together the peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the brown sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until fluffy after each addition.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add alternately to the creamed mixture with the milk, blending well after each addition. (Do not overmix).
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 13x9-inch baking pan; top with the crumbs.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired; or drizzle with a chocolate glaze.