1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter Crispy Brownies
1 hr 30 mins
This is an adaptation of a "Brownie Goody Bar" recipe I found on the back of a Better Crocker brownie box a few years ago. We also call them Scotcharoo Brownies, because they have a butterscotch, peanut butter, rice crispy layer on top of a fuggy brownie. This is my family's favorite sweet treat! They are sooo good. I usually wrap them individually in suran wrap and store in the refrigerator so that they do not all get eaten at once. This slows the guys down a little.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 637.86 g box brownie mix, prepared (I like Betty Crocker Original Supreme)
- 340.19 g bag butterscotch chips
- 236.59 ml creamy peanut butter
- 828.06 ml crisp rice cereal (use 4 cups for a thicker rice crispy layer)
- 1Heat oven to 350. Make brownies as directed for a 9 x 13-inch pan. Cool completely.
- 2Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a 1-quart saucepan or in a glass bowl in microwave (1 1/2 minutes on high) stirring frequently.
- 3Stir cereal into peanut putter butterscotch mixture.
- 4Pour cereal mixture over brownies. Spread evenly.
- 5Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Crispy Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.7
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g