1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter Crispy Brownies
1 hr 30 mins
This is an adaptation of a "Brownie Goody Bar" recipe I found on the back of a Better Crocker brownie box a few years ago. We also call them Scotcharoo Brownies, because they have a butterscotch, peanut butter, rice crispy layer on top of a fuggy brownie. This is my family's favorite sweet treat! They are sooo good. I usually wrap them individually in suran wrap and store in the refrigerator so that they do not all get eaten at once. This slows the guys down a little.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) box brownie mix, prepared (I like Betty Crocker Original Supreme)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag butterscotch chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal (use 4 cups for a thicker rice crispy layer)
- 1Heat oven to 350. Make brownies as directed for a 9 x 13-inch pan. Cool completely.
- 2Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a 1-quart saucepan or in a glass bowl in microwave (1 1/2 minutes on high) stirring frequently.
- 3Stir cereal into peanut putter butterscotch mixture.
- 4Pour cereal mixture over brownies. Spread evenly.
- 5Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Crispy Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.7
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g