Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe of hungrymonster.com
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- combine the oats,sugar,and salt together.
- heat the margarine in the microwave,and mix with the oats mixture.
- In a 11x-7-inch pan pack half the mixture firmly.
- spread the peanut butteron top of the packed oats on the pan.
- gently pack the rest of the mixture on top of the peanut butter cream.
- bake for 25 - 30 minutes in preheat oven of 350°F.
- Let cool,and then cut into 18 squares.
This recipe did not work for me at all. The peanut butter didn't spread onto the too-crumbly mixture, and after baking it was a completely crumbly mess. I tried it as granola for breakfast, but it was sickeningly sweet. It redeemed itself when I later tried it to sweeten some very tart yogurt. I will mix it with some super-healthy, UNSWEETENED granola to attempt to utilize this. I'm glad the ingredients were cheap.