Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from an old newspaper, and makes a good cookie. My family always likes to find some in the cookie jar.
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat sugar, peanut butter and butter until creamy.
- Add water, egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined oats, flour and baking soda; mix well. Cover; chill about 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with tines of fork, dipped in sugar to form crisscross pattern.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.