Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Custard-like dessert is a gourmet treat.Reduced-calorie peanut butter and egg substitute make healthy.Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 1⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups egg substitute
- In small saucepan,combine 3/4 cup sugar,water,and cream of tarter.
- Stirring constantly,cook over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium,bring to boil.
- Cook 10-15 minutes without stirring until mixture is deep golden brown.
- Remove from heat and pour into a 8 inch round cake pan,tilting to coat bottom.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine milk and peanut butter in medium saucepan.
- Whisking constantly,cook over medium heat until heated through and smooth,remove from heat.
- Combine egg substitute and 1/2 cup sugar in bowl,whisk until blended.
- Gradually add milk mixture to egg mixture,stirring well.
- Pour over carmelized sugar in cake oan.
- Place in 9x13 baking pan.
- Add hot water to baking pan to come halfway up sides of cake pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer cake pan to wire rack to cool.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Unmold onto serving plate.