1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Cream-Topped Brownies
1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe out of my local newspaper in 1998. It is from Hershey's/Reese's. I've looked on their website and they do not have this recipe posted there. These are very rich and delicious!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Cream
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons light cream or 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1BROWNIES: Preheat your oven to 325°F Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- 2In a medium sauce pan, combine the sugar, butter, and water. Cook on low heat, stirring to prevent burning, until it boils. Remove the pan from the heat.
- 3Add the chocolate chips; stir until completely melted.
- 4Next, add the eggs and vanilla. Mix with a spoon until well blended.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda). Add to the chocolate mixture, make sure it is mixed in well.
- 6Pour the batter into the 9 inch pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Do not over bake. Cool completely.
- 7PEANUT BUTTER CREAM: Beat the butter and peanut butter in a medium bowl.
- 8Alternately add the powdered sugar and light cream, mixing it to spreading consistency.
- 9Frost the brownies once they are completely cool.
- 10CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Using a small microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and the butter on high for about 45 seconds. Stir the mixture until the chips are completely melted.
- 11Drizzle the glaze over the frosted brownies. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Cut into 24 bars.
- 12Cover and store the brownies in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cream-Topped Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 114.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g