Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe out of my local newspaper in 1998. It is from Hershey's/Reese's. I've looked on their website and they do not have this recipe posted there. These are very rich and delicious!!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Cream
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons light cream or 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- BROWNIES: Preheat your oven to 325°F Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the sugar, butter, and water. Cook on low heat, stirring to prevent burning, until it boils. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the chocolate chips; stir until completely melted.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla. Mix with a spoon until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda). Add to the chocolate mixture, make sure it is mixed in well.
- Pour the batter into the 9 inch pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Do not over bake. Cool completely.
- PEANUT BUTTER CREAM: Beat the butter and peanut butter in a medium bowl.
- Alternately add the powdered sugar and light cream, mixing it to spreading consistency.
- Frost the brownies once they are completely cool.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Using a small microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and the butter on high for about 45 seconds. Stir the mixture until the chips are completely melted.
- Drizzle the glaze over the frosted brownies. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Cut into 24 bars.
- Cover and store the brownies in the refrigerator.
These border on insane sweetness wise. They are very rich and the peanut butter cream is delicious. I could eat that alone. I am not a fan of chocolate, so I took a small piece and my hubby and kids rated this for me. They say 4 stars, I think 3. I made enough of the drizzle to make a complete topping. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
The combo of peanut butter and chocolate is addictive.
These are CRAZY good brownies! Super duper rich, and oh so good! I didn't add the chocolate drizzle, that would have bordered on obscene. Thanks for posting the recipe, I know I'll be making these again.