Recipe by OB Nurse
This is a recipe I plan to use for my Christmas give-aways this year. It's from Better Homes & Gardens. I'm putting it here so it will be easy to find and also so I can add it to my Zaar shopping list when I do my Christmas cooking shopping (as all my Christmas give-aways will be from your submitted Zaar recipes!!). The cookie recipe follows and the filling recipe is in the directions below.
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For Cookies:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat peanut butter and shortening with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat untill combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Beat in baking soda, salt, and as much flour as you can. Stir in any remaining flour.
- Form dough into balls, using a level teaspoon each. Place 11/2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute then transfer to wire rack.
- For Peanut Cream Filling mix 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter, 3/4 cup marshmellow cream, 3 tablespoons milk, 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Spread one teaspoon of Peanut Cream Filling on flat side on one cookie and top with another cookie.
- Store in airtight container for 3 days. You can freeze unfilled cookies for up to a month.
- You can also make the cookies from a package mix and use this cream filling recipe.