Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the absolute best peanut butter cream pie i have ever tasted. Originally from Mrs. Field's cookbook. The crust is so unique and works awesome with this pie.
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Make the crust: Use a double boiler to melt the 6 oz. of chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Gently fold in the rice cereal until it's completely coated. Then set it to the side until it cools to just warm and then stir in the mini chips.
- Press into a buttered 9 inch pie pan and chill for 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Prepare the filling: In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Make the topping: Use a double boiler to melt the milk chocolate over hot, not simmering water.
- Add the cream and stir until blended and smooth.
- Set aside to cool slightly, then drizzle the chocolate over the top of the pie.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours to set.