Recipe by Anita Harris
YUM!!! This is an excellent frosting which incorporates two of my favorite things...peanut butter and cream cheese and it's also easy to make. I used it to frost a banana cake I made (Taqueria Victoria's Banana Cake-which is an excellent cake recipe) and it was soooo good! I found this recipe on another recipe website. I'm thinking it would also be great on chocolate cake.
Top Review by Tricia Foley
I liked this recipe a lot. It has a very nice texture. I had interesting results subbing maple syrup for the vanilla (realized I was out too late). It ended up tasting just like Bit-O-Honey candy.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter (would also be good with crunchy peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cream cheese and peanut butter with mixer until smooth.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, along with the milk or cream and beat until spreading consistency.
- (I used only 3 cups powdered sugar and 2-3 tbsp. of milk).
- Spread on cooled cake.