Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kids who love peanut butter will enjoy the surprise in the middle...grown ups too!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix up with an electric mixer.
- Add the liquids and mix smooth.
- Place 2 tablespoons of batter in the bottom of each of the greased muffin cups.
- Add 1 tablespoon of crunchy style peanut butter.
- Add the remaining bit of batter and bake for approx.
- 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
I wasn't sure if these were supposed to have sugar in them or if they were supposed to be a savoury muffin. Anyway, I added a bit of sugar (sorry I didn't measure it) I only had a little bit of peanut butter which I eked out so they should have had more. When I ran out of peanut butter I used lemon curd, and both were really nice....I'll make them properly next time!
Yummy delicious and healthy! Thanks for the great recipe!
My muffins came out very gritty. I must have used some kind of different cornmeal, I loved the peanut butter inside but can't say much about the taste of the muffin itself. Not sure what I did wrong.