1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Cookies With Milk Chocolate Chips
Chef # 8654321's Note:
Get a glass of cold milk and get ready to enjoy quite possibly the most wonderful cookie out there. Cooking time is for just one tray of cookies. Naturally total cooking time will depend upon how many trays of cookies you end up with and how many you can fit in your oven at one time. Note: Special thanks goes to the reviewer who suggested to mix the chocolate chips in before mixing in the flour. The directions have been updated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups kellogg's rice krispies cereal (95-100 grams)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (219 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (256 g)
- 1 cup sugar (205 g)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (230 g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11 1/2 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Process Rice Krispies in a food processor until they are reduced to dust.
- 3Measure out 1 cup of the pulverized Rice Krispies and combine it with the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 4In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- 5Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- 6Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 7Stir in the dry ingredients until well blended.
- 8Drop heaping tablespoonsful of dough on to ungreased cookie sheets. I use a 1 1/2 tablespoon size cookie scoop but I don't level it off.
- 9Press down on the cookies to flatten them slightly. If you don't do this step the balls of cookie dough will maintain their shape and won't bake right.
- 10Bake cookies 12 to 14 minutes or until done.
- 11If you want you can leave out the chocolate chips and make just plain peanut butter cookies. In this case, take a fork and press down on the mounds of cookie dough before baking them to make the familiar crisscross pattern that's common to peanut butter cookies. Baking time will be the same. Yield will be about 42 cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cookies With Milk Chocolate Chips
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 101.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: